Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Mountain Ghost

When I was a little girl, my cousins, my brother and I went to pick wild fruit in the small mountains near my village. While I was picking fruit, my cousin looked up. He called to my brother and told him to look up. In the distance we saw what we thought was a woman hanging from a tree. She had long black hair and a white dress and I thought she was a ghost. A year or two before we went to pick fruit, a young woman in my neighborhood had died from leg cancer. She was buried in the mountain. So, when we saw her we thought that she was the dead woman. We screamed, I dropped my fruit and we ran home as fast as we could. We went home and talked to my mom and my uncle. My uncle went with my brother and some other men to the mountain. One hour later they came back and my uncle said, "Don't be scared, it is not a woman, it is just some white rock and a tree.''

So, when I think about this story I laugh and I'm happy that I didn't see a real ghost.

2 comments:

Sheng Lin Huang said...

hi! xue hua
I read your story and I enjoyed it.
but I didn't believe had ghost or god. I think it was your imagination for a moment, I saw someone throw Buddha into river burn temple no more any problem. I am seventy four years old and I have never seen the ghost or god.

classmate sheng lin

flaco said...

Good story Zue Hua,when I was Ten years old, I saw something similar, one old men hanging from a tree.The only different he was a man, real old men hanging from a mango tree not a ghost. Flaco